Wednesday, February 01, 2006


These are two versions of a character I createdcalled Aragula - Garden Guardian. Every garden needs one, but usually they're not so cute as this...which probably explains the great number of male teenagers hanging out on my corner. If only she would get her butt in gear & clean up all the junk that lands in my bushes. Seriously - the beer cans alone would pay for the year's seeds and bulbs.
She was created as a showcase piece for my teen cartooning classes. Every year she evolves a little more (the doll is last year's version). The kids are impressed by the 'manga' style of drawing. At this age level it helps to have the chops (somewhat), so they know you know what you're talking about. I'm still working on the secondary characters.
My next version of Aragula will be one that can live in the backyard…or maybe she’ll have her own comic strip…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home