Monday, September 14, 2015


Desert Fantasia

A new popup piece experimenting with colour and form. I begin with my background and let that inform my next move. The papers are hand-painted - I'm getting quite a collection as new ideas present themselves, but you can never have too many. The fun/hard part is divining which unique piece is going to work the best. Sometimes it's inspired, but mostly it's good old hard work - putting pieces together, then waiting for a bit to see if it's working, tearing them apart, then trying something else. Occasionally I get a piece that far exceeds my vision. That's when life is good.
This picture has been photoshopped - these popups lend themselves nicely to certain photoshop processes which I find clarify the three-dimensional aspect of the work.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home