Monday, February 13, 2006


Valentines
I did my annual Valentines' Pop Up Workshop at Neilson Park yesterday. It's always a bit of a crap shoot doing these things - people don't want to commit themselves so they can keep their options open. Also I had heavy competition from the Olympics. If I had been thinking I'd have advertised that we'd have a working tv in the studio so fans wouldn't miss Canada's next gold!
Where my showing up and hoping for the best has paid off well at my last few workshops - I guess people aren't as in love this year and only two signed up (one at the last minute). But it was good anyway. They got a superior workshop because we covered much more ground than if we had a roomful of people.
There has been a burgeoning interest in the Pop-up classes. The folded paper Santas and Angels I was selling at the Christmas Craft shows engendered a bit of excitement amongst the 'seen-it-all' hard-core craft show enthusiasts.
So there's been a bit of a buzz about the workshops I've offered, particularly amongst the calligraphers and book-arts people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home