Friday, March 17, 2006

Migratory
The other project was crayon rubbings. They were pretty successful too. I really got into them. We cut card stock into images that were glued onto more cardstock and then we did rubbings of them. I also spent a couple of days making my own texture boards using a variety of 'found' stuff (netting from orange bags, punched-out paper shapes, lace, fabric, hole-reinforcers, etc). I found some Crayola 'metallic Twistables' which worked very nicely, especially on black and coloured paper. You could do some very ornate work with this technique. There's a 'Paper Show & Sale' coming up at Neilson Park. Maybe I'll have a go with this technique for something a little different. The hard part will be coming up with subject matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home