Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Nasties
It's been awhile since I posted. The Nasties got into my computer and logjammed it with pop-ups. We've just got things more or less back to normal but even so, I've spent all day trying to get this little post going.
I'm into my fourth and final week of teaching Cartooning at the Senior's Center. It's been so much fun. Most of them are painters -watercolours and acrylic, maybe one or two have done Cartooning before, but their work is amazing! We've been working on a lot of basic drawing skills, but they have to do it from their heads. If I have half the smarts my students have at their age, I will consider myself well-off! There have been some delightful characters come to life and I hope they will prosper. I'm very proud of the results and wish I could post them here. The above illo is a sample I did for the class to demonstrate "One drawing, three media techniques". Pen & ink, brush & ink and marker. The subject: my daughter at age 3 or so.
Craft show season is coming up rapidly but I'm only doing three this season as I am working on Saturdays now. The Caledon Simply Friends show will be Nov. 4 & 5 at the Monora Park just north of Orangeville on Hwy 10. Turn west just before the Volkswagen Dealership. Been busy making Santas, planning the Tea Room Menu and taking Inventory. Good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home