Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hang the Stockings With Care
Did I mention we got a dog? In September? I've been busy. It's actually my daughter's dog - her name (the dog) is Kia, meaning 'silly dog'. She is not so much a dog as a vacuum cleaner/chipper-shredder. Our walks are spent digging UFO's from her gaping maw. Don't let her lick your face. I always forget, between dogs, how disgusting they are...but also how much I like them. Christie Blatchford manages to manipulate her columns, regardless of the opening topic, into stories about her dog 'Obie'. We're not quite that obsessed, but she does occupy much of our conversation these days.
Kia experienced her first snowfall last night and it was everything a dog could wish for. At least somebody in the family will enjoy the winter - it's good to be reminded from time to time that snow is FUN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home